Sunday, June 29, 2008

June 26th--Day 14, Part 2--To Canada!



We went through the tunnel from Detroit into Windsor. It only took about 10 minutes. Luckily we were able to go across at a slow time. There weren't too many others trying to cross. I've heard going across can be mad at times!





















It was about a 2 hour drive from Windsor to London where the family lives. And by the family, I'm talking about Nana (DJ's grandmother), Terry (his aunt), Chris (Terry's husband), and their kids Shanna, Kyle, and Ari. Actually, Shanna and her fiance Nigel live just outside London.

I made it just in time to catch Ari's soccer game. In fact, they were a few players short, so they put me in for the last little bit. Guess who scored the winning goal? You bet! They asked me to join the team, but I told them I had too much going on to commit to something like that.


Terry printed my adventures so Nana could read them. Kyle hadn't been keeping up with them, so I read them to him at Nana's house. Sort of a "Storytime with Sock Monkey" kind of moment.


It sure feels nice to be in Canada! We've been talking about and planning this trip for so long it felt like we would never get here!

No comments: