Wednesday, June 25, 2008

June 23rd--Day 11--to Ohio

It was a great visit in Flintsone, GA. On Sunday, we rode over to Ringgold, GA to visit Michael and Brandin Prettyman. They were in our church in Savannah, and moved here last fall. Brandin and Angel went to the Philippines together with the church summer before last.

We were up and in the car early Monday morning to make the drive to Dayton, Ohio traveling up I-75.
As we're driving through Tennessee, we notice that Solomon was right when he wrote "There is nothing new under the sun" in Ecclesiastes. Seems like every town we passed was from somewhere else--Cleveland, Dayton, Charleston, Athens, Decatur, Philadelphia, Huntsville, Oneida, etc.

It didn't get much better in Kentucky--Lexington, Richmond, Williamsburg, London, Paris, Athens (yes, another one), Georgetown. I stopped there, because I grew weary of trying to keep track. Despite the lack of originality, Kentucky sure is a beautiful state to drive through.

When we saw the sign for the Mayfield Ice Cream Factory Tour, did we stop? No. How about when we passed the Lost Sea? Nope. The Cheese Factory or birthplace of KFC? No way. Where did we stop? In Lexington to go to Build a Bear Workshop. Yeah, another trip to BABW. Did I mention we went there in Chattanooga? We keep stopping there because Ashlynn has to get Anna and Fly-o's passports stamped. When we went to the BABW in Chattanooga over the weekend, I overheard the sales lady telling them about a special, limited-edition bear in Canada that has maple leaves on it. I guess we're going to end up getting that one once we get there, because they don't sell them in the U.S. Great, just what I need. Another friend from BABW. When am I going to have a friend like me?


So we drive and drive and drive through mountains and horse farms, then go around a curve and ....


there's Cincinnati! This big city just pops up out of nowhere!












And it's way on the other side of Cincinnati that the welcome center is located.
















Guess what we found outside Dayton? Hooray! I thought I was going to have to wait until we got to Canada for some Tim Horton goodness!



(You may have noticed I'm now missing my Philippines flag pin. I was flying through the air as SuperMonkey, and when I landed, my pin broke. I haven't had it fixed yet; I keep forgetting.)

No comments: