Sunday, June 15, 2008

June 13th--Day 1--Trip to Georgia


I guess I should formally introduce myself. My name is Sock Monkey, and this is the official start of my adventures. I’ve actually already been to the Philippines (and passed through South Korea on the way), but none of the pictures from that trip back in the summer of 2005 survived. For the past three years, I’ve been hanging out in the room of a girl named Ashlynn. Her mother Angel stitched me together sometime around 2002, when Ashlynn was only 3. I’ve lived in Ruffin (SC), Savannah (GA), and now Summerville (SC).

Finally, my own adventure has begun. While I’m not Ashlynn’s favorite monkey (Monkey and Anna hold that privilege), I am the Official Travel Monkey for the Tucker family. This is going to be a grand adventure, which shall henceforth be called The Grand Adventure of the Summer of 2008. Catchy, isn’t it?

The Grand Adventure of the Summer of 2008 began today--Friday, June 13th. We (Angel, Ashlynn, Monkey, Anna the Monkey, and Fly-o the Pteranodon) left Summerville for Lavonia, Georgia. We had a family reunion the next day at Tugaloo State Park. There are a few things you need to know about our family. First of all, the Dad (DJ) could not make this trip because he had to stay and work (yuck). Second, Monkey is mainly just for Ashlynn to snuggle with as she sleeps. Third, Anna was a Christmas gift in 2006 from Nana and Aunt Terry’s family in Canada (that would be DJ’s grandmother and aunt). She’s from Build a Bear Workshop and has lots of clothes. Fourth, Fly-o is also from Build a Bear and was a Christmas gift from DJ and Angel last year. He and Anna think they’re special just because they’re from Build a Bear and have more clothes than the rest of us. Well, I only have one red shirt, and it has flag pins from Korea and the Philippines. Anna and Fly-o don’t have flag pins, so I think that makes me special. Anyway, Anna and Fly-o get to go everywhere with Ashlynn. Not that I’m jealous or anything.

It was a long trip (about 4 hours), but we finally made it to Lavonia, which is not much of a town, even though the travel brochure says "Big time, small town." I haven't figured out what kind of big time they're talking about.

Oh yeah, and guess who didn't get to come inside the hotel room and sleep? Right--me. Of course, Anna and Fly-o got to, but I had to sleep in the car. Friday the 13th must be an unlucky day after all. This trip better get better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sock Monkey! You're very lucky to be spending so much time with the Tucker family. Thanks for keeping us updated. Look forward to hearing more about your adventures!

Allen, Elizabeth, and Evan